Thursday 13 May 2010

RGV is A Master Of Experimentation - Suriya

For years, Ram Gopal Varma has been working on Raktha Charitra (RC), a story about the life of Paritala Ravi, prime suspect in many murders. At last, the story will be narrated on celluloid.



The movie stars Vivek Oberoi and Suriya in a pivotal role. The film is being made simultaneously in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. Rakta Charitra's press meet was held at the Taj Coromendal Hotel in Chennai today.



Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma, Suriya and others were present at the venue to let mediapersons know what RC is all about.



The film is titled as Raktha Charitram in Tamil. "This is my ambitious project, RC is a true story that happened in Andhra years ago. It had a deep impact on me and now I am happy to make the celluloid version.



When I finished the script, I thought only of Suriya for the role because he fits the bill perfectly. I was always fascinated by Suriya's eyes. He has the intensity to carry this role.



You will see a new Suriya in RC," director Ram Gopal Varma said. "RGV is a master of experimentation. When he (RGV) narrated this script to me, I thought I must be part of this project. Also there would be Tamil and Telugu versions. So I thought I'd get a chance to simultaneously be on home ground and try something new. RC will be liked by all,"



Suriya revealed. Rakta Charitra will have actor Vivek Oberoi as rebel-turned politician Paritala Ravi, one of the most feared individuals in the blood-ridden faction politics of South India. Suriya will play the role of Maddalcheruvu Suri, Paritala Ravi's opponent;





Suriya's role is almost equal to that of the lead protagonist. Ram Gopal Varma's script reportedly lasts for about five hours on screen.



Hence, he divided the theme into two parts: Rakta Charitra 1 and Rakta Charitra 2. While the first part shows the rise of Paritala Ravi from forest to ballot, the second part deals with how he was trapped in the conspiracies of opponents.



Rakta Charitra is co-produced by Sheetal Talwar and Madhu Mantena; Mani Sharma is the music director.

No comments: